- Effective Presentations Skills Training
- Individual Presentation Coaching Course
- Sales & Marketing Presentations Training
- Media Interaction and Presentations Seminar
- Presentation Reinforcement Through Visual Aids
- The Executive Presenter
- Complex Presentation Skills Classes
Presentation Reinforcement Through Visual Aids Seminar
If you could name one of the most challenging parts of sitting through a presentation, what would it be? Certainly some might point to boring presentations that seem to go nowhere fast. Others might struggle with monotone presenters who are better at “soothing” an audience than informing an audience. Yet, one of the most common problems presenters face is the inability to use presentation media and visual aids effectively. There are those who try to jam as much information as possible onto a visual aid, be it a flipchart, PowerPoint slide or overhead transparency. There are others who write their entire presentation onto their slides and then read it word for word to the audience with little to no inflection. Worse yet are those who use old-style overhead projectors and fumble with flimsy transparencies while getting ink smudges on the slides and the projector. All of these situations are terribly frustrating for audiences. If, as a presenter, you want to be as effective as possible, you need to understand how to use visual aids to reinforce your message, not detract from your message.
Presentation Reinforcement Through Visual Aids is a hands-on skills-based workshop that provides participants with multiple opportunities to build and use powerful and effective visual aids in the classroom environment. We teach participants why most visual aids fail to help presentations and can actually cause presentations to flounder and audiences to “tune out”. We then focus on what constitutes a successful visual aid, regardless of whether a presenter prefers to use a whiteboard or utilizes a laptop with PowerPoint to speak to audiences. Time is spent in several activities learning how to put in place and then utilize visual aids so that participants speak to their audiences rather than their visual aids. Lastly, a discussion related to what visual aids are the most effective, depending on the presentation situation, will be covered. The end result will be an increase in skills and knowledge related to using the right media at the right time so as to make presentations as effective as possible.
Class Size: Up to 20 participants
Class Length: Half-Day
Instructors: One Presentations Training Center instructor
Availability: Available as an on-site workshopSkills Learned: Presentation Reinforcement Through Visual Aids is a half-day skills-based workshop. By attending this workshop, participants will learn to:
- Avoid the most common mistakes made when using visual aids
- Stop reading presentations and start talking to the audience
- Ensure that visual aids make discussions more engaging
- Utilize techniques to make visual aids compelling
- Take advantage of whiteboards and flip charts when presenting or facilitating
- Build PowerPoint presentations that reinforce messages
- Understand what audiences expect from visual aids
- Provide a demonstration using props or products
- Reinforce their presentations through proper practice and visual aid usage
For more info on our presentation skills training, please contact us.